Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you have been thinking about buying a home, you may have done some looking around on your own. You may have gone to open houses or called the number to schedule a private viewing of that property.
You can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics show you’ll be more successful with your own personal real estate agent.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent, one who knows the local market in the Decatur, Alabama and surrounding areas well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home. Your real estate agent will give you the inside scoop on that property. Your real estate agent will point out features, and “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When you decide to make an offer, your real estate agent will negotiate it on your behalf. If you do not have a real estate agent, you deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is working in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your personal real estate agent wants to work for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
You want a real estate agent who…
- Understands your needs and goals, so you have a partner in your home buying process.
- Answers questions and explains things clearly, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has a track record of success in the local market, Decatur, AL and surrounding areas.
- Knows how to find properties in your price range.
- Alert you to new listings, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the appropriate price to offer for the home you want.
- Will present the offer, and negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will ensure you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reliable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not all real estate agents offer all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, and accessibility.
Always meet a real estate agent in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.