Looking to Buy A Home In Hartselle, Alabama?
Buying a home is no simple task, but it certainly helps to know not only what you want to live in, but where you want to live. This guide will help you determine whether Hartselle, Alabama, is the right fit for you and your family. Below you’ll find a handy guide, and if you have any questions, be sure to contact us at Hobert Pruitt for your residential needs.
The Climate and the Landscape
Hartselle, located in northern Alabama, is a city of about 14,000 as of 2017, and has been growing by about 4% every year. Hartselle is situated along the Tennessee River and is known for a low crime rate compared to the rest of the country. Most of the year is quite comfortable, with temperatures ranging from roughly 50 to 90 degrees, with the most comfortable times of year being in the spring and the fall months. Hartselle is located just south of Decatur and fairly close to Huntsville, both metropolitan areas of
How Much Does it Cost?
Hartselle’s home prices tend to run lower than those in the rest of the country, and the community enjoys a cost of living that’s between 12 and 13 percent lower than the national average.
- Recently, home prices in Hartselle have ranged from about $35,000 for mobile homes (mean prices) to about $161,000 for detached homes (mean prices.)
- Overall, median home prices (for condos and standard homes) in Hartselle are about $130,000 as of 2016.
- Hartselle home prices are appreciating at about 4% every year, making buying a home a possible investment in addition to an affordable place to live.
Buying a home in Hartselle can fulfill your residential needs and also provide an investment when it comes time to sell. Contact your real estate agent today for more information.
Hartselle’s recent unemployment rate is just 3.6%. The national average is around 3.9. Each year, Hartselle’s jobs grow by 2.4%. The most common occupations in Hartselle include health care, education, construction, metal and metal products, and professional/scientific services.
Notable Employers in and around the Hartselle area and Morgan County include:
Hartselle is home to one public high school and one private high school. Six elementary schools are available to students as well. Hartselle is also a short distance from a variety of institutions for higher education, including but not limited to:
- John C Calhoun State Community College
- Athens State University
- The University of Alabama
- George C Wallace State Community College
Hartselle’s library, the William Bradford Public Library, is home to over 30,000 print books and over 1,000 audio materials, as well as access to dozens of databases.
Hartselle offers access to the nearby Tennessee River, which offers opportunities for fishing, waterfront entertainment, and relaxation. Hartselle, being in north Alabama, is fairly close to the following attractions:
- The U. S. Space and Rocket Center. Located in Huntsville, it offers a space museum and educational fun for all ages.
- Huntsville Botanical Gardens, which includes 120 acres of flowers, meadows, gardens, and paths.
- The US Veterans Memorial Museum, for history buffs. Includes material from the Revolutionary War onward.
If you decide to make Hartselle, Alabama, or any Decatur, AL area community your home, don’t hesitate to contact our real estate agent and see if it’s right for you. Affordable living, a strong economy, and investment opportunities await!